SEO is a common terms discussed among bloggers. However, most bloggers are not completely aware of this term. SEO means Search Engine Optimization a technique described to attract more direct traffic from search engines like Google,Yahoo,Bing And Yandex.
Types of SEO
Depending on the types of efforts required in to optimise the search engine results, SEO is classified in two types
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
On Page SEO
On Page Seo deals with proper use of keywords related to blog post. In other words, On Page SEO deals with writing the articles with optimum use of keywords so that the article ranks easily in search engines for which the article is targeted. However, it must be noted that as a blogger you should always keep in mind to please the visitor rather pleasing the search engines to maintain your search engine rankings.
On Page SEO includes tasks like,
- Writing a custom post title
- Proper use of permalinks
- Use of appropriate Keywords
- Internal linking of articles
- Managing Alt-tags of images
- Search engine description for the post
- Correct use of Meta tags
Off Page SEO
Off Page SEO deals with establishing relationship of your blog, with other sites in your niche. Some off page SEO methods include,
- Commenting on other blogs
- Forum Posting
- Social Bookmarking
- Submitting post link to major websites like reddit,stumble upon,and gplus etc….
- Guest Posting (Write a guest blog post for blogginguru ? )
- Submit your sites to major search engines like google,yahoo and bing.
However note that always try to create quality backlinks rather than quantity backlinks.
With the basics of types of SEO discussed, as a blogger you could now surely attract more organic traffic for your blog, and try to fill in the gaps in the types of SEO campaigns you have undertaken, and boost your revenue.
Happy Blogging :)